Breakfast and in-person networking roundtables
Join us for our Networking Roundtables to connect and talk about important industry topics over a cup of coffee. Each table will be given a list of questions for discussion to help guide the conversation and exchange of ideas.
Opening remarks from chairperson
Managing Editor, Insurance Business
Opening keynote: Growing for gold
Hear from an Olympic gold medallist who shares insights into the work she invested to reach her goal – which wouldn’t have been possible without her teammates. This is collaborative leadership at its finest.
2x Olympic Gold Medallist, Sailing
Panel: Strategies for a remote workforce: How insurance leaders can make a difference in mental health
With an increase in reported mental health issues among employees during the COVID-19 crisis, companies are now shifting their priorities towards employee wellbeing. Especially in a hybrid or even fully remote workspace, what behaviours can employers incorporate to create a safer, more supportive workplace culture? How can the insurance industry move the conversation on mental health from discussion to action so that it becomes the norm? In this session, panellists discuss best practices for creating a positive work environment that truly supports your team.
- Developing effective initiatives to manage mental health and stress in a remote workforce
- Establishing a culture of support through empathetic leadership
- Mindfulness, ERG groups, and other tools to help find balance
- Creating psychological safety in the C-Suite
Head of GLISE UK Branch and CEO of Great Lakes UK Services, Munich Re
Head of HR, Zurich UK
SVP, Head of Claims, Mosaic Insurance
Fireside chat: Diversity and inclusion initiatives that are working
It’s been a year of disappointments and lost battles, but also times of freeing change and hope. As an industry, it’s important that we continue to have candid conversations about how we can tangibly progress and grow together through diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). In this session, select transformational leaders discuss key initiatives that are moving the pendulum forward.
- The problem of positive discrimination
- Creating a truly inclusive culture – what’s working?
- Companies and programs that stand out in terms of DEI
- Where are we failing as an industry?
Managing Director, Padda Consulting
Privacy Director, Liberty Specialty Markets
Lunch and in-person Networking Roundtables
Panel: Choosing resilience
Resilience is a buzzword in our culture right now – but as we enter a post-COVID business environment, it's proving to be a particularly important trait for leaders looking to excel. This session will feature industry leaders sharing moments that required resilience and the skills they leaned upon to succeed.
- What is resilience, and how can you develop your own level of resilience?
- What essential techniques can you use for resilience training?
- Self-awareness, mental agility, optimism, and other traits to focus on
- Tips for how to cope with stress and use it to perform better
Director, Carpenters Group
Managing Director, Insurance Division, QBE European Operations
Creativity and its radical impact on team cohesion, engagement and your leadership
Creativity is not just for kids and artists. Universally touted as the skill you and your company will need to survive and thrive in the years ahead, creativity is an elemental human gift. Leaders who prioritise creativity drive better individual and organisational results, team cohesion, engagement, decreased turnover, increased job satisfaction and improved performance, and even profitability. But what does that everyday creativity in the workplace look like, and how do you utilise it to stand out as a leader?
- Comparing divergent with convergent creativity
- What barriers and obstacles prevent individual creativity?
- Exploring the Creative Problem Solving framework and how it applies to you
- What are the benefits to organisational performance of leading with creativity?
Panel: Innovation: Evolving as an insurance market
Especially after a shocking year, innovation in the workplace remains necessary to stay relevant and competitive amid rapidly changing markets. How can companies create a culture of innovation and skilfully lead? What technological changes will businesses and their leaders likely need to embrace to be successful? Hear from key leaders as they share how the insurance industry has progressed in 2021 and where we are heading.
- How has innovation played a role in your company and influenced your leadership principles?
- Finding client success in a remote world
- Virtual leadership: Communicating without face-to-face interaction
- What we can expect to see in insurance in 2022 and beyond
Head of Environmental, Social and Governance UK & Lloyd’s, AXA XL
Managing Director - Insurance, Financial Services, Google
Vice President - Insurance Europe, Infosys
Closing keynote: Challenging gender stereotypes and biases
Successful leaders embrace different perspectives, and often this uniqueness is what allows individuals to naturally thrive. How do gender stereotypes impact your chances of achieving your potential as a leader in the workplace? How can rising and established leaders confidently and authentically address gender biases? In this session, a respected female leader shares her perspective, giving real examples of how she achieved incredible goals without sacrificing her values.