Delegates participating in the accredited Women in Insurance Summit UK can claim up to 3.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme
Registration & Virtual Orientation
Managing Editor, Insurance Business UK
Keynote: Forget the Apologies, and Learn to Lead with Confidence
Do you find yourself saying "sorry" for mundane issues? Do compliments or praise make you feel uncomfortable? Are you worried that confidence can sometimes be perceived as cockiness for women If so, join Professor Maja as she explains:
- Why women apologize so much and how it makes us feel, AND how we're perceived by others
- How we can switch out our “apology-lingo” for leadership-lingo
- How deflection of praise and feminine modesty hurts our careers and our confidence
- How unconscious gender bias influences our confidence and communication styles
- The latest data from her global study on women's confidence
Sociologist, Author & Confidence-researcher, Professor Maja Inc.
Panel: Taking a Risk – How do you Further Your Career
It’s natural to want to stay in your comfort zone, but is fear preventing you from moving up or trying something new? Taking a risk can look different depending on where you are in your career; however it’s necessary for both organizations and individuals looking to stay relevant and thrive. Explore how top leaders in the industry have navigated risks in their career, and beyond insurance – what you can do once you’ve “hit the top.”
- Steps to manage risks and get out of your comfort zone
- How to stand out while working from your dining room table
- What can you do next to challenge yourself and grow as a leader?
- Using your talents to be heard: write a book, serve on a board, start a committee and beyond
- How to excel in your current position while remaining open to opportunities
Head of Client Services, McLarens
Retired President and CEO, Swiss Re Brazil
Managing Director, Davies Group
Director/Owner, Carpenters Group
Owner, Way Forward Solutions Ltd
Networking: Before You “Need” It
“Another networking event,” “I am tired, do I have to go?” “It’s been a long day.” It’s always easy not to go. However, with shoulders back, energy and a “give versus gain” attitude, networking is a crucial element of your personal and business development plan. In this session, we will explore the importance and benefits of networking as a critical and impactful business skill. Regardless of your job title, you are always networking and introducing people to your professional and personal brand through your daily interactions.
- Learn how to create a style that works best for you
- How can I attend my next networking event with clear objectives?
- Tips from “what to say next” to honing your listening skills
- Networking from home
President, Authentic Measurable Performance
Networking & Coffee break
Panel: How to Build A Successful Mentorship
Studies show that strong mentor relationships can increase opportunities in the workplace, impacting promotions, pay raises and overall career success. From a business standpoint, companies that support mentoring show higher levels of employee loyalty, engagement and initiative. But how do you get paired with the right mentor? And as a mentor, will having a mentee actually benefit you? This panel will feature key mentors and their mentees as they share best practices & lessons learned –professionally and personally.
- The process for finding the right mentor/mentee: do’s and don’ts
- Dedication & time: is it worth it?
- Biggest topics discussed monthly
- Advice and biggest takeaways for mentees/mentors
- How to create and promote opportunities for cross-generational, diverse mentoring
Underwriting Assistant – Private Clients, Brit Insurance
Senior Associate, DWF Law LLP
Senior Account Handler, Churchill Insurance Consultants Ltd
Associate Underwriter, Travelers
Know Your Personal Brand
Developing a strong personal brand is essential to developing as a leader. Are you consistently living your personal brand every day? What does it have to do with a successful career? This session will navigate the power of knowing your personal brand and tools for using it to grow and impact others as you lead in the workplace.
- How do I know my personal brand?
- Tools to articulate your personal brand at work
- How can you develop your position as a leader while working from home?
- Serving others vs. self-promotion
- Advice for continuing to develop your identity as a leader
Convert Your LinkedIn Network into a Valuable Community
Your digital presence influences perceptions every day. LinkedIn is today's best platform to build a strong brand and strategic network. This session will examine how you can use LinkedIn to build your brand, develop healthy relationships, and distinguish yourself within the insurance industry. Join us to learn:
- How to position yourself and brand on LinkedIn
- Tips for building digital relationships
- Strategies to create a valuable LinkedIn community
Global LinkedIn Expert, Post Road Consulting
Panel: Leading the Change
In a very unique, transitioning insurance market, few would argue against the need for increased diversity in leadership. But how can we move this conversation forward in insurance? In an effort to build an authentically inclusive workplace, senior leaders will analyze the current status of the industry and how to advance diversity, equity and inclusion from discussion into action.
- Gender balance and the talent gap: Trends in the industry today
- What can we learn from the next generation’s approach equity in the workplace?
- Advice for how you can help support diversity in your workplace
- Innovation – where are we going in 2020?
Director of Operations, Perry Appleton Group
Global Head of Compliance, Beazley
President, Global Markets, Axis Re
Azure Sales Director - Financial Services, Microsoft
Claims Change Consultant, Allianz Insurance