Breakfast and in-person networking roundtables
Join us for our networking roundtables to connect and talk about important industry topics over a cup of coffee. Each table will be given a list of questions for discussion to help guide the conversation and exchange of ideas.
Opening keynote: Growing for gold
Hear from an Olympic gold medallist who shares insights into the work she invested to reach her goal – which wouldn’t have been possible without her teammates. This is collaborative leadership at its finest.
2x Olympic Gold Medallist, Sailing
Panel: Strategies for a remote workforce: How insurance leaders can make a difference in mental health
With an increase in reported mental health issues among employees during the COVID-19 crisis, companies are now shifting their priorities towards employee wellbeing. Especially in a hybrid or even fully remote workspace, what behaviours can employers incorporate to create a safer, more supportive workplace culture? How can the insurance industry move the conversation on mental health from discussion to action so that it becomes the norm? In this session, panellists discuss best practices for creating a positive work environment that truly supports your team.
- Developing effective initiatives to manage mental health and stress in a remote workforce
- Establishing a culture of support through empathetic leadership
- Mindfulness, ERG groups, and other tools to help find balance
- Creating psychological safety in the C-Suite
HR Director, CII
Managing Director, Harbour Underwriting
Head of GLISE UK Branch and CEO of Great Lakes UK Services, Munich Re
Head of HR, Zurich UK
SVP, Head of Claims, Mosaic Insurance
Fireside chat: Diversity and inclusion initiatives that are working
It’s been a year of disappointments and lost battles, but also times of freeing change and hope. As an industry, it’s important that we continue to have candid conversations about how we can tangibly progress and grow together through diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). In this session, select transformational leaders discuss key initiatives that are moving the pendulum forward.
- The problem of positive discrimination
- Creating a truly inclusive culture – what’s working?
- Companies and programs that stand out in terms of DEI
- Where are we failing as an industry?
Privacy Director, Liberty Specialty Markets
Managing Director, Padda Consulting
Global Managing Director, ISC Group
Lunch and networking
Panel: Choosing resilience
Resilience is a buzzword in our culture right now – but as we enter a post-pandemic business environment, it's proving to be a particularly important trait for leaders looking to excel. This session will feature industry leaders sharing moments that required resilience and the skills they leaned upon to succeed.
- What is resilience, and how can you develop your own level of resilience?
- What essential techniques can you use for resilience training?
- Self-awareness, mental agility, optimism, and other traits to focus on
- Tips for how to cope with stress and use it to perform better
Founder of Resilience Formula, Leader for Executive MBA Programme, Cambridge University
Director, Carpenters Group
Managing Director, Insurance Division, QBE European Operations
Vice President - Insurance Europe, Infosys
Self-leadership & culture: Harnessing the power of empathy
Creating a workplace where everyone feels that they belong is more important than ever before, but how can you build supportive, cohesive environments within your organisation? In this session, improve the inclusion, productivity, and engagement of your team through tools and the inspiration that will help you become a more compassionate and effective leader, manager, or individual contributor.
- Understand the different types of empathy and their impact on your well-being
- Find out how empathy can have an effect upon diversity, inclusion, engagement, innovation, and happiness
- Walk away with a simple three-step framework for being empathetic in nearly every situation
Award-winning keynote speaker, Empathy at Work, Inclusive Leadership & Communication
Panel: Innovation: Evolving as an insurance market
Especially after a shocking year, innovation in the workplace remains necessary to stay relevant and competitive amid rapidly changing markets. How can companies create a culture of innovation and skilfully lead? What technological changes will businesses and their leaders likely need to embrace to be successful? Hear from key leaders as they share how the insurance industry has progressed in 2021 and where we are heading.
- How has innovation played a role in your company and influenced your leadership principles?
- Finding client success in a remote world
- Virtual leadership: Communicating without face-to-face interaction
- What we can expect to see in insurance in 2022 and beyond
Global Industry Advisory, Insurance Practice, BCG
Head of Environmental, Social and Governance, UK & Lloyd’s, AXA XL
Managing Director - Insurance, Financial Services, Google
Closing keynote: Batman, buildings and ballerinas: How to emerge from the pandemic a stronger leader
While the pandemic has caused widespread personal and global tragedies, opportunities have also arisen out of lockdowns and working from home that many people would not otherwise have had. And we need to learn from these. This is our moment in time to capture these learnings, enable a better work-life balance, and even improve work-home gender balance for the future.
Amanda Scott will share her personal story and explore how you can become a better leader as a result of insights gained from the pandemic. For example, what can working from home mean for gender equality, the equality of those with disabilities or long-term illnesses, and the broader business agenda over the longer term? What lessons can we learn? What innovations can we bring to our businesses? How can we use our learnings to retain and engage people? Pandemics spark innovation. The people agenda is ripe for renovation. Now is the time to reset our expectations of leadership and ourselves.
Managing Director, Willis Towers Watson